You have myriad of minor gut symptoms? You may have a leaky gut.
The biggest enemy for health in our generation may be inflammation. The heat from the immune function is, of course, a very important defense mechanism when you have flu, cold, and injury. But this immune response is activated repeatedly and becomes chronic, it causes lots of malfunction. It starts damaging tissues and causes insulin resistance and if it is untreated you end up becoming diabetes, heart disease, auto-immune disease, dementia, and cancer. It is now said inflammation is the underlying cause of most of the existing chronic diseases.
You might hear about Leakey Gut Syndrome. Some still say it is a pseudoscience, I definitely think it is real and makes sense. Leaky Gut syndrome, as it literally reads, your GI tract becomes “Leaky” and let pathogens, viruses, and other bad actors into your bloodstream. If this happens, you are not only suffered chronically from diarrhea and constipation, but also from chronic fatigue to brain fog, weak immune system, to allergies.
And Leaky Gut is a huge contributor to inflammation. Because it lets a variety of toxins into the bloodstream, it triggers your immune response, thus chronic inflammation.
Then why does your gut become leaky?
There is no one cause. It is thought our diet change, toxin increase, and abusive medicine prescriptions and increased stress in modern society. but the best reason of all is the decrease of our microbiome.
This is why it is so important to cultivate your microbes in your gut, this is now fundamental for our health. When you have your gut in the right order, your body, brain, emotions, and mind also start to work right.
HERE are steps for you to implement the diet that helps to balance your gut microbiome and prevent yourself from getting a leaky gut.
Look at the list of choices, take 1 at a time and do it for a week. The choices you picked are meant to be permanent. This slow phase-by-phase implementation is the most promising way to implement new lifestyle choices and crowd out current ones that may give a bad effect on you.
- Include soluble fiber-rich food (oatmeal, whole grain, banana, unpeeled organic fruits smoothies etc.) in your breakfast and dinner, and take a probiotic supplement with it.
- Eat plenty of salad at least once a day.
- Consume probiotic food at least once a day (Such as Kiefer, Yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut etc)
- Cut off your alcohol consumption to a glass of wine or beer a day.
- When you snack, take a limited portion in a down and never eat from a bag.
- Share your dessert with someone.
- Mindful to eat anti-inflammatory food. (Berries, nuts, seeds, wholegrain, turmeric, ginger, dark green leaf, etc)
- Do not pop in pain killers, (Acetaminophen, ibuprofen, Aspirin)
- Be mindful when you have to take antibiotics.
When you complete all of the above, consider implementing ones from the next level.
I, as a Health Optimizer, specializing in gut health, guide you through your journey for your healthy, happy, wellbeing by gradually implementing new customized diet and lifestyle according to your bio-individuality.
Please feel relaxed and contact me for a Free 30 minutes health consultation with no obligations.
I just let you feel when you have personal support for your health and well-being.
Leaky gut is decreased permeability of gut lining. (Image from paleomom.com.